Friday, November 4, 2011

Checkered Nail Art

One of the most common nail art that you can see are checkered nail arts. It could vary from simple or very basic to more sophisticated and complicated patterns that really looks good on your nails. This will be my version.







Since this is my first trial for this type of design, I stick to the basic black and white with some touch of gray. Here's how. First, you will need to apply one or two coats of a clear nail polish as a base coat. After a few minutes, you can apply your base color. As for what I've done, I used 2 coats of San San nail polish in French White. Let it dry first before proceeding to the next step. When the nail polish has dried properly, its time to make the patterns. Using an old liquid eyeliner brush from Nichido, I made the diagonal patterns using San San nail polish in Luxury Black. Next, using a toothpick, I fill-in the intersection of the diagonal lines with a gray nail polish, which is a combination of the two nail polishes I used earlier. 

2 comments:

  1. amazing you did a good job!

    and don't forget to visit my blog too
    senuritakawaii.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete